Together Everyone Achieves More

By Maya Brown ’22

Before the school year even started, I found myself hiking at Rickets Glenn with other upperclassmen preparing to become T.E.A.M. mentors. It was a refreshing experience that reminded me of what it was like to leave the gaze of social media and actually focus on the nature of things. We stayed overnight at Wesley Forest, ate a family-style dinner, and went through an amazing leadership workshop headed by Chaplain for the Muslim Community Muhammad Ali. It highlighted our different leadership styles and how we could possibly come together to create a powerful group of student leaders. During T.E.A.M. mentor training, we were also trained on suicide prevention, which was a touchy subject for many people. Knowing we might have to talk someone through this situation in the future made me realize the depth of importance T.E.A.M. mentors serve on campus. “Together Everyone Achieves More” is not just a statement, it is a moral compass that all student leaders should follow to create a better environment for those seeking mentorship.